DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nearby neighbor stopped over my house (because I have three Talons/Eclipses) and mentioned he has one never used, in his garage. It it totally new, window stickers, plastic on the seats, etc. he said he occasionally drains the oil/gas and replaces it.

It is stock 1992 Turbo AWD and he was wondering what it is worth. It has 4 miles on it.

Any ideas? I'm thinking sine DSM folks are interested in the cars because the are cheap, he prob won't get more than 10K for it.

Regards,
Mark
PhillyDSM.com

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sweet mother of god, you've just struck gold. HURRY UP AND BUY IT, MOVE YOU DUMB BASTARD! :p

Seriously though, thats really fu**ing cool. If i had money i'd love to purchase that. It's even a 92, isn't that the year with the coveted 6bolt/4bolt combo? Correct me if im wrong here...

·
Honorary Moderator
1,969 Posts
Mark I only thought you have 2 DSMs! Also I remember you telling me about this car a year or two ago. I can't beleive this guy still hasn't done anything with it yet....

·
Registered
300 Posts
It blue books at $4,850. I am not sure of the options, so I guessed. Anyways, If I had the money I would easily pay $10,000 for it...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
There's a guy around here that has 60k on his 92 awd. He wants $12,500 firm with the mods he has (loads of 'em), or $6000 stock.

I think I'd pay $10,000 for a pretty much brand new talon. No doubt. :D You get to break it in and everything! :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Well since I have looked at cars with around 0-150 miles I can tell you they are mostly horrible. The cars I look at are a little older 89 TTA's, but most of the times, the tires are dry rotted, and all the seals/gasketts have dried up. Not to mention all the fuel lines need to be replaced, and if he has not started it in a while, the fuel pump will need to as well. Most of the time they are a complete waste of money. Did this guy think the car would appreciate in value? I know a lot of the TTA guys did, but that never happened now there are seriously about 100 of those cars for sale with under 200 miles on them. Look at it, but the car might not be a very good investment?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
wow it would be nuts to have a car with that low miles, but i can see how allot of stuff would just be junk, but man 4 miles

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey its not bad if he starts it up every like month or so but if not all those parts areb dryed out cuz theyve only been lubricated for 4 miles and that lubrication dont last no 11 years. Good luck starting the car man. id only give him 2 k cuz it needs a new engine and tranny and tires and a bunch of shit

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Like Black97TSIAWD said, cars need to run to keep everything lubed etc. It is bad to let a car just sit and rot.

Unless the car was in a climate controlled bubble for the last 11+ years it might break if driven hard.

Maybe it should be put in the national dsm museum:)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That's another thing, so many TTA's were not kept in climate control, all the bolts start to rust, and you get disscoloration on all aluminum. Even if heated in winter, and humidified in the summer, you can still get problems. A good idea would be to pm Arctictsi, he had his car in storage for over 8 years, so he has an idea about what needs to be done to get it going.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
DSMturbo2 said:
mullet ride;)
LOL, you wish. Turbo Trans Am, special edition that is still stock for stock the fastest Trans Am ever built, and it is a V6, haha. Only 1550 built, 1989, and only in white. Fastest stock, went 11.80's in 1990. I might grow a mullet, just because it does compliment the car so well, and would look sweet with a jean jacket and an REO speedwagon shirt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Black97TSIAWD said:

LOL, you wish. Turbo Trans Am, special edition that is still stock for stock the fastest Trans Am ever built, and it is a V6, haha. Only 1550 built, 1989, and only in white. Fastest stock, went 11.80's in 1990. I might grow a mullet, just because it does compliment the car so well, and would look sweet with a jean jacket and an REO speedwagon shirt.
How dare you bring REO speedwagon into this:realmad:

:D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
gunmaster said:

How dare you bring REO speedwagon into this:realmad:
Whoa, you miss read my friend. Nothing but love for REO, that is some sweet driving music, rock on brother.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Eliminat0r said:
hey its not bad if he starts it up every like month or so but if not all those parts areb dryed out cuz theyve only been lubricated for 4 miles and that lubrication dont last no 11 years. Good luck starting the car man. id only give him 2 k cuz it needs a new engine and tranny and tires and a bunch of shit
Why a new tranny?? BTW, if it's a white 5-spd, I'd seriously buy it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts