DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to have the old style afc. now my brother is about to get a new style afc. i know the old one was +/- 30% and new one is +/- 50%. what are all the other differences between the two? what extra features does it have? what all is on the blue screen?

·
Registered
350 Posts
OK I really don't know much about the older S-AFC(it has 5 knobs??) But I have the new digital one and can tell you its features, so you can compare them to your AFC.
It adjust from -/+ 50%. Its Fuel curve can be adjusted at 8 different levels that change at every 500 rpms. You can adjust the fuel levels at low throttle, and adjust it at high throttle. These are your basic and pretty much only useful tuning functions on the new afc. It has a bunch of other things like SENSOR select, this lets you choose your sensor EX.Hotwire,Karman,Flapper...It has a Sensor check which gives you a voltage reading and a bunch of other crap that I dont understand. Cylinder select. Then it has a bunch of gauges, RPM, AIRFLOW, THROTTLE ect. They can all be seen it either Gauge form(round) numbers, or line graph, which all have a Peak hold. The 2 gauges can be viewed at the same time, or individually. That is about all the useful stuff on it although it has a few more features. HOPE THIS HELPS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts