DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

new bezel and gauges

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  LQQKQIK 
#1 ·
i just installed my aluminum bezel and new lights for my gauges
here are the pics tell me what you think

See less See more
#4 ·
It's not letting you display those images because the URL doesn't end in ".jpg". Looks like that server tacks a bunch of crap onto the end of the filename to prevent off-site display.

#7 ·
the boost needle is the only one that's clear and i was playing around sanding it down to see how it would look if i had all clear needles but the clear doesn't really show through so i guess i'm keeping it orange. plus the boost needle doesn't even work so it's just there basically

#9 ·
LQQKQIK said:
question i had to take off all the needles and now my temp needle goes a lil bit high anyone know what's wrong?? i put it back the way it was all the way down by the c but yet when the car warms up it's still gets pretty high up.
Take it out again and try placing it a little bit lower than the C. See if that helps you out...

#13 ·
Stldave2 said:
What kind of bulbs did you use to get the white look? Where'd you get em from?
you don't have to get different bulbs, you can just use the stock bulbs. all you have to do is take off your gauges and sand off the orange film on the back of the gauge...then it just shows through clear. i did this to mine, but then put some blue film behind it so i have the blue look, its really easy...any questions let me know. i can post pics too.

#14 ·
I would love to see some pics (night and day if possible) of the blue film job.

LQQKQIK: it looks like you have "hot spots" where the lighter is brighter than others. How did you do the gauge lighting? Looks excellent (really excellent) minus the 1 or 2 hot spots.

#17 ·
Hubbs said:

you don't have to get different bulbs, you can just use the stock bulbs. all you have to do is take off your gauges and sand off the orange film on the back of the gauge...then it just shows through clear. i did this to mine, but then put some blue film behind it so i have the blue look, its really easy...any questions let me know. i can post pics too.

I'm 99% sure he changed the bulbs though cause look at his odometer readout, its white, not orange... and theres no orange backing to tint the color of the bulb there.

#18 ·
those r much brighter looking, look like xenon bulbs. and someone asked about the dash, theyre on ebay, overlays u put on like 15$ or somethin last i saw =p

#19 ·
yea i went to the local "import" store and get some hyper white wedge bulbs. i had the stock bulbs in and it kinda yellowish so i got the hyper bulbs which gave it the white look. and for the hot spots there's nothing i can really do since i only replaced the bulbs and that's how the bulb setup's done. i guess the only way to get ride of them is to get a whole know configuration and mess with the connections int eh back and get led bulbs but that's just a bit too much work for me so i think this is good for now. i just wanted the stock look during the daytime and have a new look besides the orange at night.

#20 ·
and = like he said you just sand off the back of the gauges to get the layer off and you'll notice that you'll be able to see the front side of the gauges then just even the surface out and you're done just get some replacement bulbs i would recommend only hyper white or hyper red or anything that's hyper because if you get blue blubs they'll eventually fade into that nasty green and the red will fade to pink. so i did it simple and kept it white ddint' want to have blue like the rest of the work out there or like the VWs. i'm thinking about ordering red or blue needles from www.importintelligence.com but they bleed like a mofo so i'm still debating to get them or just leave them the way they are. any suggestions????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.