DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot off the presses, HKS's new answer to the SAFC. Supposedly compatible with the VPC.

HKS Super AFR

Available September 2000

Features

Air/Fuel Ratio Correction Function
Controls air/fuel ratios through airflow meter or pressure sensor
Range - 50% rich to 50% lean from the factory baseline settings
Output can be adjusted in 1% increments
Eleven points of adjustment between 650 and 8000 rpm, these points can be arbitrarily moved in 50 rpm increments
Response Correction Function
Engine response can be adjusted through airflow meter/pressure sensor
Range - 1m/sec to 100m/sec
Six points of adjustment between 650 and 5000 rpm, these points can be arbitrarily moved in 50 rpm increments.
First in the industry to offer this function in a simple airflow correction device
Idle Correction Function
Idle mixture can be adjusted 50% rich to 50% lean in 1% increments within the idle range (650 to 1500 rpm) from factory baseline setting
This adjustment is made independent of the other eleven points of mixture adjustments in the air/fuel correction function
Electronic Idle Stabilizer Function (EIDS)
This automatic function prevents engine stalling or stumbling in some airflow meter vehicles which use blow-off valves discharged to the atmosphere when throttle is released
Base of Adjustability and set-up
This device is very simple to set-up and adjust
The head unit is adjusted through three control knobs
HKS recommends tuning for this device be done on a chassis dynamometer with use of an accurate air/fuel ratio measuring device

------------------
Tony
95 GSX
96 TSI
90 GST
old ride
\/

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
So new, it's not even on their website yet. At what price might this bad boy be gotten? Where did you hear about this or see it?

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry thats highly classified information. J/K. Try www.alamomotorsports.com Altough I do not endorse them they are the first to put it on their site i think. For more info call HKS and ask for Jason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts