DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering selling the spyder lately buying a used high mileage lexus sc300. I've been doin a little research on putting the 2jz gte (supra motor) in it, and having a 12 second (at least at the begining) sleeper daily driver. Now, i could get 13k for my spyder from the right person. I found a decent lex the other day.. 92, blue, bout 95k miles for 7k. I'm guessing the supra motor installed would run me about 3-4k? (for a decent motor w/ low mileage) Anybody know other costs/needs? Any info is great, and let me know your opinion.
www.turbolexus.com
thank
bk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG said:
Why not just buy a Supra from the start?
^^^^

:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The sc300 is a great car, and would be even better if it had that supra engine in it. Go to www.turboimports.com to see some of their lex's with the supra engines in it. But make sure its a 5 speed sc300, unless u want an auto! I'd say go for it, it would def be a sleeper and a phat ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i doubt a supra motor would cost 3-4 grand (not installed)... considering jdm integra type r motors cost 6 - 7 grand... also... ive seen people charging 20 grand to drop a 2JZGTE into an is300... taken from this site:
PHR Twin Turbo 2JZGTE Engine Conversion. PHR is the only tuning facility in the U.S. that is able to successfully transplant a Twin Turbo 2JZGTE Supra engine into the Lexus IS300 and maintain all OEM functions such as power steering control, A/C, ABS, and Diagnostics. This conversion is one of the most extensive modifications that can be done to an IS300, however, it allows the owner unlimited future upgrade options with parts intended for the highly successful Supra. We begin with a factory new Toyota 2JZGTE shortblock and cylinder head, and then attach the PHR Street Single Turbo system. Also includes a large 3 core front-mounted intercooler, PHR 3" off-road exhaust system, and PHR complete fuel system, along with a custom PHR/MOTEC engine management system. Includes installation labor and dyno tuning. Price: Starting at $20,000.00

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blingbling and infury:
I would buy a supra from the start if i had 25k to play with.. but i'll only have like 13 (maybe).

Espo: I thought you could get the supra motor and tranny combo to swap in? How are the gear ratios on the sc300 5 spds?

the_faint- i'm sure if i shopped around i could get it done cheaper than that ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
-Boost_krazy- said:
I've been considering selling the spyder lately buying a used high mileage lexus sc300. I've been doin a little research on putting the 2jz gte (supra motor) in it, and having a 12 second (at least at the begining) sleeper daily driver. Now, i could get 13k for my spyder from the right person. I found a decent lex the other day.. 92, blue, bout 95k miles for 7k. I'm guessing the supra motor installed would run me about 3-4k? (for a decent motor w/ low mileage) Anybody know other costs/needs? Any info is great, and let me know your opinion.
www.turbolexus.com
thank
bk
man, that swap is on the top of my list.. now if I was either spoiled or had a better job, I'd have it done... I love the look of the Lexus sc300/400's... my friend had a 95 sc400(v8) I loved that car... the nicest lookin body I've ever seen.. and an interior that's just friggin beautiful...

as for that swap.. findin a 2jz-gte with the 6-speed tranny from the supra will be no easy task.. and using the stock sc300 5-speed will only be good for a short while.. after you start modding the supra motor will only cause you tons of broken tranny's(breakin tranny's dsm style).. and the swap will end up costing you around $10-15k overall... of course, as was said, you should look for a 5-speed eitherway, cause it'd jsut be easier to do the tranny swap if the car was set up for a manual tranny in the first place.. but hey, if you're wlling to do it, good luck to you man..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts