DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mods:
-fp green
-35mm tial wastgate
-2g ported mani
-mild port n polished head
-bc 272s and springs
-oem multilayer headgasket
-arps
-780cc injectors
-crane ignition
-vpc, gcc----could be my problem
-fuel cell
-8an feed with 255
-6an return
-fpr

now when i start my car and let it idle no matter what i do it running rich, i already fouled a set of plugs. i turned everything down on the vpc and gcc and it doesnt seem to work.. im in the process of goin to GM maf and trans..

-any clue what is going on if thats not the problem..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought the car with the vpc and gcc and the old set-up with a 20g and 550s. no the vpc doesnt have a chip either and i dont even think the temp sensor works or the vpc its junk ha. i think if i get a gm mas itll help a ton..

·
Registered
938 Posts
Wow, rule #7, big time. A GM MAF could help, but not by itslef or even with the translator, because you can't really compensate for those injectors without screwing with the timing maps too bad. If you have an Eprom, get it chipped and get a chip burned for your setup. If you already have a chipped Eprom, then find someone who can burn you a chip.

Edit: I don't know how a VPC works, so I can't give any advice there.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You could possibly have a bad MAS, or more likely a boost leak. Rich running conditions can be caused by a boost leak. Does it idle rough? How does it run?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no it doesnt have an EPROM but i am looking into getting one a chipped for my setup. that VPC is way to old school and confusing. so what i want to do is go to GM mas and translator, get an eprom chipped etc., and then get dsmlink.. the car with the vpc idles good i can drive it but its getting way to much fuel and falls on its face.. no fun and it will foul my plugs after some time.. so im not driving it now until i change some things..

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Please take your fellow members' advice and read over the rules.

Pay most attention to #7, you don't get many warnings with this.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ahalltsi said:
no it doesnt have an EPROM but i am looking into getting one a chipped for my setup. that VPC is way to old school and confusing. so what i want to do is go to GM mas and translator, get an eprom chipped etc., and then get dsmlink.. the car with the vpc idles good i can drive it but its getting way to much fuel and falls on its face.. no fun and it will foul my plugs after some time.. so im not driving it now until i change some things..
Ill take the vpc gcc setup.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
I'm sorry, is this the classifieds forum? Is he even selling it? I don't think so. Do not post like that again outside of the classifieds.

·
Registered
85 Posts
is your ect working? a bad ect will make you run pig rich. I would check that then the mas/maf. An upgraded fuel pump without an upgraded fpr could also account for the rich idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ALRIGHT! I switched to GM mas and translator and it fixed everything. the car runs really good. But with dsmlink and a wideband i can get this thing running awesome..

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
With GM MAS/Translator along with DSM Link your car will run awesome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts