DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

New Turbo New problems...

970 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jhood99 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I have a problem with my dsm. It is 96 GST spyder with 102,XXX miles on it. The old T-25 crapped out so I got it replaced. I purchased and installed(not me , but the shop) a used Evo III 16G (with 3,000mi. on it) , a boost controller , a boost gauge , an oil pressure gauge , 550 cc Injectors , 190lph fuel pump , a SAFC II ,and turbo timer. The SAFC is hooked up and installed but I haven't got the car tuned yet. The problem is that when I just picked up the car later today with all the parts installed and while driving home and reaching 12-15 lbs of boost , the car 'chokes'/sputters. It's like I can't reach full throttle. It's like the car wants to move and continue boosting but it chokes and sputters. I'm like wtf? What could be causing my car to sputter like this? Even though I have the SAFC and haven't used it , could the fact that it is on be f*ing things up? I have no idea and don't have the money this week to get the car tuned. If anything I will be bringing the car back to the shop on tuesday but I wanted to know what do you guys think the problem can be?

#4 ·
Injectors take about 5 minutes to swap out. Try it and tell us what happens.

Edit: There's nothing wrong with your injector size, just don't expect good results when you pop in bigger injectors without adjusting your fuel trims.

Also, get a wideband.

#9 ·
BUY YOUR WIDEBAND ON EBAY! They are much cheaper, and quality. You can pick up an AEM UEGO for $225-235 shipped.

Check out the link in my sig it will help you a lot with your mods. Also, you take the injectors off the fuel rail, it's not difficult if you know what all the parts are. You should really buy a Hayne's or Chilton's Repair manual, it will help you endlessly. You won't have any trouble swapping injectors, as long as you have arms. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.