DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its time for my next mod so far i have a hks super mega flow, 2.5 hks cat back. modded mas, and 15 psi, i was looking at a upper ic pipe or down pipe which will give me the most hp?

·
Registered
921 Posts
you should install the lower Honeycomb as you have no way to monitor it and can be doing damage. A down pipe the follow that with a 95 Manf and port the manf turbo and 02. this is good for low 13's

Bill Marino
HSP! :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes there are a number of ways to tell... O2 voltages, EGTs, and timing curve/knock sum.

[Please, know what you're talking about before you make statements like that.]

As for what mod to do next, open up the exhaust system before you do anything on the intake side of the equation. Start with the rear and work forward. Except in the case of the manifold and turbine housing, if you're not running a ported 95 ex. manifold do that first. And if you are running a 1G, take the turbine housing and port out the casting to open the exhaust diameter (coming from the ex. manifold) up as much as possible.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It helps if you tell us what car you have ... Since you have the HK$ intake (Waste of $$$), I'll assume you have a 2G. So, I'd recommend doing a 2.5" downpipe next, then an UIC pipe, then an upgraded fuel pump to run higher boost. Since you've got a 2G, I'd say port the stock manifold too, good hp increase for basically free.

You oughta be in the 13's with these mods, especially with an AWD.

------------------
1993 Forest Talon AWD - modified

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 1g and i agree hk$ is a waste of $$$. it was on the car when i got it. i just got the cat back to round out the wasting.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would it be harder to put a 16g on a 95 manifold? i dont have 1 but i plan on it some time

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
I have a 91 Eclipse with a 16G tied to a 95 manifold. Bolted right up, no problem. I would probably enjoy it much more though if I didn't still have my stock exhaust...

------------------
John Lewis

1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
217 Posts
save up for a 16G. :) I said forget the dp after I rode in a 2g w/ a 16G. WOW! :)

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd say go with the downpipe..and a testpipe as well if you dont already have one. You'll probably feel it's a more worthwile mod. I recently installed a HK$ upper I/C pipe..and while it did sharpen up the throttle response quite a bit..I didn't feel it was worth it..as far as bang for the buck goes. Whereas when I installed my exhaust system..it felt like it woke the damn car up..I swear I drove around with a stupid grin plastered on my face for the next three days. BTW..I'm from the Killeen area..and visit my parents every once in awhile. I never see any modded (or AWD) DSM's around whn I'm down there. The guy who runs A&R performance has his house near my folks...so whenever I go down there..I see (and hear) my fair share of ricey Honduhs in the neighborhood.

------------------
Ed
http://www.dfwdsm.org/blufalcon
92 Talon TSi/AWD "Blue Bomber"
90 Talon TSi/FWD "TurboMutt"
86 Dodge Colt E "For Sale $350"
"Many dinosaurs have given their lives so I can get my 18 MPG in the city"

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> BTW..I'm from the Killeen area<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya man im good friends with the owner of A&R
his name is drew. he just moved to roy renalds. is that wher your parents are or are you talking about when he lived on moonlight?
next time your in town go to A&R and tell drew to call me and we can grab a beer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yup On Roy Reynolds..right across the street from him. The house with all the trees..and rock garden in the front yard. The last time I was downt there..he had a body kitted Accord sitting in front of the house. The next time I come into town..I may stop by A&R and check it out. Whats the import scene like down there in Killeen? One time I did a awd launch in front of those mustang guys who hang out in front of that carwash on Rancier...but they didnt wanna play.

------------------
Ed
http://www.dfwdsm.org/blufalcon
92 Talon TSi/AWD "Blue Bomber"
90 Talon TSi/FWD "TurboMutt"
86 Dodge Colt E "For Sale $350"
"Many dinosaurs have given their lives so I can get my 18 MPG in the city"

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol they used to play but most of them run mid 15's so i was going back and forth picking them off 1 by 1 until a nova killed me.
as far as the sceen, its alot of the same ol crap. anything and everything has stickers and big ass tips. thers even a vtec ford aspire with the j-spec 1 wiper.
have you seen the gvr4 in the 12's?
nice guy hes helped me on my car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i'd say get rid of the HK$ and get injen intake. i could tell a big difference. then go with some greddy upper IC piping, then maybe a greddy exhaust. this may sound a bit steep, but you will love the outcome. throw a gutted cat on there ore a test pipe and yout car will sound mean as hell. the only problem is the garret won't do as good so i would grab a feul pump and crank that boost up...especially if you have the test pipe!!! after that i would with some port and polishing work just to open everything up for the upcoming turbo...just my 2 cents...

peace out

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
You can only take in what you can get out...
Do the downpipe w/hi-flo cat, then port the O2 housing and the manifold. Then the fuel pump and the uic pipe.
DP is bigger hp gain than uic pipe IMO.

------------------
Rocky Mountain Talon - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts