DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so far I just installed an apexi power intake...piece of cake ;) New plugs ngk gapped at .28 and ran a compression test...162, 162, 155, 162. And yes the throttle was all the way down, although the compression gauge adapter wasn't fully tight in the hole but snug...I didn't wanna tighten it and then end up with it being stuck in the spark plug whole when I tried to take it out.

I wanted to add/redo the exhaust next but I got a ticket in a speed trap and don't wanna get another ticket for loud or modified car...

So I was thinking of adding guages. I was thinking boost gauge and a af or egt gauge. Which ones do u guys think I should get? My car is all stock except the intake. I plan to go with a 2.5 inch exhaust and a t28 turbo in the future.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your first mod should of been a boost gauge, but that's ok. You should get one now. EGT gauge would also help, but not really necessary until you start tuning. It helps to know when you're melting your car :) I would say get some gauges, and replace the stock POS bypass valve with something nice. Hit up the UICP (I recommend dejontool.com for these, and they come flanged for most any aftermarket bov). Do the dump tube mod if you haven't already.

After you've got gauges and a new BOV (and maybe a pipe), add a boost controller. That should hold ya off for a while. You can also take off your cat and pound the hell out of the stuffing :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'd go for the EGT and not spend the money on an Air/Fuel Gauge. The lights are purty, but unless you get it recalibrated, it doesn't really do you much good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts