DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased these today, had them installed in about 15 minutes. 50 bucks for the NGK plug wires and 10 bucks for the NGK BPR7ES spark plugs. Gapped the spark plugs at .28 and have to say that my car runs a lot smoother now. I was getting a nasty misfire when i would accelerate hard into boost....yeah the plug wires, went ahead and replaced both. I recommend this combo to anyone. Mike from road race is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
443 Posts
When I used the 7es plugs,my gsx would take a few times to start so I went ahead and put the oem bpr6ken back in and the car seemed to run quite alot better,not only starting but at wot. Not sure but my car just doesnt seem to like the 7s.

·
Registered
354 Posts
OOOoooh boy! Wow. I just put new plug wires in after having the Ghetto wires misfiring for a month or so. I just now got enough spare $$$ to purchase them.

I ordered the wires from RRE on monday and requested 3 day shipment... it's thursday, and they are in the car today. I already had NGK BPR7ES's in the car because the ones that were in there sucked ass.

The old plug wires that were in there were assembled in like madagascar or some crazy place. They weren't pre-cut so they were all looped back in the engine bay. bad bad bad. They would arc and misfire HARDCORE if i gave it more than 3000 rpms or 1/2 throttle.

New wires are in, they took about 15 minutes to put in. I had to examine my plugs and they were all cool, so everything is all connected and i start it up. Idle is much smoother (used to miss occasionally at idle too)

I got on it, and it's amazing what 1 maintenence part can do to help acceleration :) Waaahooo. My car must have been slow as sh*t before...

Anyway.. NGK = teh Good Stuff.

p.s. I think that 90% of all ignition related problems on DSM's is due to the plugs and plug wires.. get NGK and don't look back.

·
Registered
354 Posts
here are the new wires

Here are the busted ass crappy ones. Look, they actually fell apart as i pulled them off.

So yeah.. Old and busted.. meet the New Hotness..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts