DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know that Magnecor has the best rep for spark plug wires. But my question is how do NGK hold up? I mean they have the best spark plugs for our cars why not spark plug wire's. Or are they?

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
I will take NGKs over FAGnecores anyday. I had two sets of FAGnecore wires fail on my car and some friends had the same experience. Switched to NGKs and never had a problem. 8mm vs. 7mm doesn't make a difference either.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
I agree with the above. I have tried two sets of Magnecores and had problems within a year. I am now on a set of NGKs that is almost 4 years old. I am sure my car puts a demand on the ignition system as well.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
4G63NNV said:
Ok I know that Magnecor has the best rep for spark plug wires. But my question is how do NGK hold up? I mean they have the best spark plugs for our cars why not spark plug wire's. Or are they?

ya, since when have magnacores had the "best rep"?

and i have never heard a single person complain about the NGK blues...

ya wanna guess what i just ordered last week.... look up. see blue. ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
For sparkplugwires I can vouch for Accel ad NGK. I have Accel's on the 2g(over 2 yrs.) and NGK's on the 1g(1plus yrs.). No problems whatsoever on either. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
NGKs are great. They will do their job flawlessly.

MSD makes a good plug wire for SBCs. I haven't heard anyone talk about them on DSMs though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys thanks for the input now I knew I should have gotten NGK. well looks like am gonna order the NGK wires soon. thanks.

-JB-

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
Accel wires here - same set for the past 4 years. No problems. I have another set on my other Talon that have been on it for even longer. No issues.

Thinking about it...that's the only set of wires that has been on any car I have called my own. I have yet to replace or warranty a set.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Magnecors sucked, lasted less than 1 year.

NGK's, one set each for two daily driven turbo awd dsms for 3+ years. Still going strong and they've seen 30 psi of boost.

I'd never recommend or buy magnecor wires.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a set of magnecores on my laser and no. 4 kept poping off the coilpack, I bought NGK's and no problems at all and if there is I know NGK's have a lifetime warranty, I'm not sure about Magnecores.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts