DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a friend who owns a machine shop and a kid came in with a early 90's non turbo talon...he asked the owner if he can put nitros or add a turbo on his engine..the owner of the shop asked me about this question..but i have NO IDEA about this so im asking you guys...

Can this kid put a turbo on his car..swap out exhaust, add turbo, o2 housing, down pipe? will the block accecpt a turbo? horsepower wise? what about the computer?

or what about nos? can a non-turbo handle nitros?

ive taken a look at his connecting rods and they are definitly the small ones

has anyone done this?

thanks..

J

·
Registered
353 Posts
any car will take nos and i believe that car can handle like a 60 shot safely. im not sure on the turbo but i dont believe its a big problem since it is a 4g63. correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
216 Posts
what are nitros? :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nitrous is bas ass. It is the one of the cheapest and quickest gains you can get. You can have your NOS spool up you turbo only if you want. Have it set up so it shuts off after 2,300 rpms. Its can me done. Remember it can be very adictive. Know your limit.:rockon:

·
Registered
216 Posts
oooooo nitrous........didnt think it was refered to as nitros.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I was just in Michigan and there are a lot of people up there with it. Just reagular pos. Some kid has a 150 shot on his new ford focus. I wonder when that is going to blow up. I have heard a lot of people with turbo cars like 300zx's say the nos isn't worth it. Plus if you have your car going fast without then screw nos unless you are really into the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Would that NT 4G63, if turboed, have to run at lower boost? I'm assuming that the NT engines have a much higher compression than 4G63T's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts