DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SlowBoy MBC, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything, i had it set at 15psi. As i was on my way home.. on the hwy..i was trying to keep up to an rx7 ( i failed), as i would get into the boost it would creep from 15 to 18-19psi, so i took it easy the rest of the way. Got home..i turned down the boost so it would creep to 15psi, so i take it on road, i get into the gas a bit, and it goes right past 20psi. i do have a external wastegate.
Do MBC fail overtime? or wtf is going on?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Is everything capped off that is supposed to be? Is everything hooked up right? There are a couple things that will cause you to build infinite boost. I can't remember what specifically but maybe someone else can chime in...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It worked fine before then, i didnt do any major/minor changes under the hood.
I took the MBC off and im just running it off the gate spring (8 psi). I didnt think much could go wrong with a ball and spring :x

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A little over a year ago, I didn't know so much could go wrong with a car. I guess springs can wear over time? Like I sad, check if something popped off, like a cap from a vac line or something. I really wish I remember what exactly causes it to happen... See if you can borrow a boost controller from a buddy to see if you can diagnose the problem.

EDIT: Or just make a new MBC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and now it wont go past 8psi.. soo somewhere i fucking up..the vacuum lines are run from the intake, to the BOV, tee'd from there to the MBC and then tee'd again to the external wastegate.. thats probably not the right way to do it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don Boosted said:
Is everything capped off that is supposed to be? Is everything hooked up right? There are a couple things that will cause you to build infinite boost. I can't remember what specifically but maybe someone else can chime in...
Infinite boost sounds fun! :). To the OP do you have any pictures of your vacuum line setup?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would just say to redo the vac lines and use less tees in the lines. Other then that I would suggest getting a new mbc. Good luck with it. Btw, i like your manifold and ex wastegate, it is pure hotness!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I started a thread similar to this a while ago. This is my brokeass MS paint drawing of the correct setup. The main point is not to tie it into the BOV. I would re-do the lines, check again with your MBC, or check with another one. While the ball and spring type MBC are usually better, nothing is fool proof. I'm not running an EWG though, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.