DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I got my new clutch installed I believe they over tightened something because I had to press the clutch as hard as possible to the floor to get it to start. Well, one day I had it pressed really hard to the floor and something popped and now the clutch pedal had no pressure. Could this be one of my shift cables or something on the transmission side?

I can get pics. tomorrow because my car is at my friends house.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Check your master cylinder under your dash and see if its leaking fluid. If so, it's shot. Also check to see if you have any leaks in your clutch system. No fluid= No pedal pressure.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Well being that the shifter cables are shifter cables and not clutch cables, i would say that there is a 200 percent chance that it has nothing to do with the shifter cables. Have you checked the clutch fluid yet? Have you verified that the clutch fork isn't broken? There are a few different things that it could be, you need to be more specific and look for a problem first of all, because we aren't able to be there and see it.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
ApexImprt2nR said:
Check your master cylinder under your dash and see if its leaking fluid. If so, it's shot. Also check to see if you have any leaks in your clutch system. No fluid= No pedal pressure.
You might want to verify that the master cylinder is on the firewall on the engine side and that he is looking for fluid coming thru the dash side where the rod goes into the master cylinder. Just to not confuse this guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.