DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I dont need to push the clutch to start my car. As long as its in neutral. I have a 94 Talon N/T. All of my friends think its kinda strange, but I never really checked to see if thats a problem. Is it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has it been like this since you bought it? If so, does it have a car alarm? If so, try putting it in neutral, putting on the e-brake, and pushing both the lock and unlock buttons for 1 second. This is a common way to put remote start on a car.

On my Z, it was an auto, and I swapped in a 5 speed. When I did this, I removed all the neutral and clutch safety switches so my remote start would work.

They won't do this for you at the installation place, but if you know what you're doing, it's easy enough to bypass.

You may also try looking under the dash. There should be either a small button type thing on the firewall behind the clutch, or a pressure switch on the clutch rotation point. That is your clutch pedal sensor. I'm not positive what it looks like in your cars. It may have been jumped out, or removed from the wiring completely.

Although, yours may just be broken.

--Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts