DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up a 92 tsi about 6 months ago for $500 as a DD. It just had bent valve. Very clean car all in all. Some old guy own it. It had been garage keep and every thing. NO dsmer/racer has ever touched this car. I mean cleanest you could ever image for are cars. I rebuilt the head replace water pump, belt, every seal/gasket, cleaned everything, and remove balance shafts.
Ive never been able to get the car into cold start. IT start perfectly cold or hot. idles at 800 rpm perfectly even with snow on the ground. So here a run down of what Ive done so far. I'm not sure where to go next :confused:

New temp sensor (ECU 2pin one)
New O2 (nothing to do with this, but old was bad)
Reset tps to 10% (stock for a 1 gen)
check throttle return switch (bypassed)
Check and replace ISC (stole from my 93gsx no change)
Check throttle cable adjustment
Clean throttle body

Is there something i am missing here? I don't know what to do. I do have a pocket logger. So if there any other info you like to know feel free to ask.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any help. The car not showing any code at all. I recheck the temp and ISC this morning. follow what the haynes manual says. No luck everything checks out. There no reason it should not be going into cold start. That i have found.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.