DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 90' Tsi With a few mods done. I put a manual boost controler on and
slowly adjusted it up. I figured I was going to get fuel cut a about 15-16 psi...
Well at 16psi it ran great!!
***WITH NO FUEL CUT***
So I got greedy and kept going up I was hitting 18-19psi and it ran like a champ!!
On may air/fuel stayed rich and never even got close to Stoich. or Lean...
Never knocked or did any thing abnormal.
Do some cars not experience Fuel Cut??
I would of kept going up but I started to get alittle nervous..(This is my daily driver) Has this happened to any one esle??

Kid-tsi

·
Registered
231 Posts
I could run 19 during the day but hit fuel cut at 19 psi on cold winter nights (air is more dense). I have since then backed it down to 16psi, until I put in my exhaust and Walbro pump. But that was on a stock exhaust system so I'm sure my intake air was pretty hot (14B). If you hack the bottom honeycombs off the MAS I hear you get another 2~3 psi before fuel cut. (Once again, haven't done it, waiting for those items above to be installed)

BTW, fuel cut is pre-programed into the ECU and is not necessarily dependent on your real time O2 voltage. You are keeping an eye on your EGT or O2 volts right?

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I believe you get fuel cut when the ecu see way more air coming in than it has maps to deal with so if you aren't hitting fuel cut you aren't flowing enough air past the mas yet to hit it. No matter what I didn't hit fuel cut until I put the 16g on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kid-tsi:

So I got greedy and kept going up I was hitting 18-19psi and it ran like a champ!!
On may air/fuel stayed rich and never even got close to Stoich. or Lean...
Never knocked or did any thing abnormal.

Kid-tsi
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your A/F stayed rich..By looking at the gauge or putting and DMM on the line? I've learned not to trust my gauge too much. I just posted a post about my AFC taking O2 readings. My AFC measured .85 DCV at best.. with 0% settings!!, and with a real meter .90-.93VDC :). So there is a little % of tolerance of a gauge and an AFC type of imput reading. I think most gauges are at .1 VDC increments anyway,... 10 LED Bars? Do yourself a favor and put a DMM on the line just to be safe if you want to run that high of boost. I still don't know why the aftermarket people recommend an A/F gauge over a EGT meter. Later man.

------------------
92 Talon AWD
Mods:
2.5" BR D.P. 2.5" Dynomax cat-back, 95 Manifold, BR upper I/C pipe, K&N, Extreme [email protected], Walbro pump, Apex AFC, ACT 2600.

[This message has been edited by TomsTSI (edited October 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Be very careful when reading air fuel gauges, if you have a Autometer or a cyberdin. They are very inaccurate. if you have a cyberdine one bar down from rich is already lean. With the autometer make sure that the first 3 green lights are always light up. Anything below that and you are going lean. the best air fuel gauge on the market is the Jumptronix which measures it in digits .90 .92 and so on. On a street car you want to run .92 all the way to redline. On race gas you can tune to about .86 before the ecu starts to pull timing.

Richard. www.thedsmshop.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts