DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I headed to Atco today to try to better my times but the car broke on the way :( I made it there but half way there my car went from being AWD to FWD. Damn did that suck! Don't know what happened yet to tired and pissed to look at it. Just driving along went to get on it and they broke loose! Damn how can you FWD guys stand it! They break loose at 60mph no problem ! Well on my way home I still smoked a LS1 camaro in FWD mode wasn't even a race! Any ideas what might of broke? Btw Sean ran a 9.17 and Lyle Henery ran a 10.08 I heard,watched him run a 10.44. Not a big DSM showing. There was a guy there in a 1g that ran a 12.17....Are you on this list?
Ryan

·
Registered
871 Posts
well it sounds like your center diff broke, man you shouldn't have driven it cause you can destroy your whole tranny from the pieces of the center diff floating around in the tranny, pray that it's only your center diff now..

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

[This message has been edited by 4npower (edited October 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had no way home....Wasn't sitting in NJ! I'm not show if its the center dif. I was always told if that goes it feels like you have a slipping clutch. I don't have the problem. I kinda thought I had a welded dif because the end of the tranny was off before I bought it. And it made the chirping noise when I made shape turns. Well hopefully I'll find out tomorrow when I rip it apart.
Ryan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good new not the tranny. The tranfer case took a crap. The gear thingy that accepts the output shaft from the tranny snapped in half! Damn did it suck getting the TC off! I had to pull the output shaft out with the TC.
Guess I was leaking oil for the TC. Glad it didn't lock up on me.Anyone know if I might be able to get a new TC under the recall?
Ryan

·
Registered
871 Posts
hehe, good luck with any recall. i took mine in cause my tc is leaking just like the recall says and the tech said that it wasn't leaking...it was because it was raining out and it was water all over the underbody not fluid. took it back a second time when it was bone dry out and they just said it's not leaking so i gave up and have decided to check the fluid level once a month. i haven't had to add more then about 4 ounces in a year so i should be ok.
as far as the gear thingy(input shaft???)that broke, give extreme or buschur a call and explain it to them cause they can probably get the gear just by it's self which would cost nothing compared to a new tc.
good luck!!

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts