DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel the need for more speed, so I decided to go the NOS way...I'm new to NOS, and I need a few questions to be answered...

Question 1:
I have recently bought a NOS Kit (75-shot "DRY" set-up) from a friend of mine who drives a Prelude(H22 Engine)...Would the kit fit on my 1997 Eclipse GSX?...or would I have to buy other stuff to make it work on my car?

Question 2:
Is it possible to spray it through the FMIC instead of tapping it next to the intake throttle body?

Question 3:
Is there any links on how to install NOS kits for 2G Eclipses? I prefer to do my own work, cause you learn more....

Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Go watch the Fast and the Furious some more, get a boost controler and boost gauge first and a KN filter.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
if it's a dry kit there shouldn't be any difference. make sure its jetted for the right amount and i'd do it in the upper ic pipe since you don't want it to leak out anywhere. right near the tb would be best so that you make sure all the nitrous makes it into the engine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$Big Pimpin$ said:
Go watch the Fast and the Furious some more, get a boost controler and boost gauge first and a KN filter.
Sorry, I don't like F&F........I'm asking for help, not dumb answers that I don't need.....Get the drift?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
If you have a complete kit....your set. And I agree with Mavisky. Tap into the TB elbow. Much better to have it there. Make sure everythings hooked up right double/triple check...Fill your bottle.... and go for a juice run. :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Perhaps this goes without saying, but..... make sure you have enough fuel to run that 75 shot. If you just toss that in there with no fuel system upgrades, you will likely be in the market for a new engine soon.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
venom42 said:
Perhaps this goes without saying, but..... make sure you have enough fuel to run that 75 shot. If you just toss that in there with no fuel system upgrades, you will likely be in the market for a new engine soon.
I agree make sure she drinks plenty. ;) My preferance is a wet kit but since you allready have your dry kit you might as well have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
How exactly would you tune for a 50 dry shot kit? I got one too, and was debating putting it in the talon...I just don't want to blow up my engine. Would something like that be plug and play as far as tuning and fuel requirements?

·
Registered
695 Posts
if u juss do what muscle cars do.. then u juss richen the fuck out of it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts