DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had some clutch slippage on the dyno and later on the street, after making the 627, because the organic discs I was using weren't up to the task. In the next couple weeks I'll finally get around to pulling the clutch out and sending it to PTT to get fitted with the metallic discs and a higher torque-holding pressure plate.

The power on the dyno was limited by my fuel pressure regulator, which wouldn't supply more than 46 psi of base fuel pressure. It's the old-style Spoolinup regulator, but it came with a stiffer diaphragm spring which I still have and intend to install. Once I get that and the clutch ironed out, it's back to the dyno with a goal of at leat 500 on pump and 650 on C16, which will be the limit of the turbo anyway. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
You are an idol! I wish I could hit something that decent. I guess after I find a safc, injectors and fpr on a tuners budget I'll see what my car has....

*sniff*

·
Registered
143 Posts
i see that you are using a nt tb, did you just get a 1g's nt throttle body out of a junk yard, replace the seals and put it on? Or did you have the shaft machined to put in the turbo seals to help it seat better?

·
Registered
143 Posts
do you know if you used the same o-rings from the turbo throttle bodies? Yours held 600+ to the wheels and people were saying that these will leak, im sold after seeing that. time to hit some junk yards

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'll count myself lucky to have seen it actually run and drive around. I did have to keep myself from drooling a little.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts