DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my friends and I were just messing around and reving on eachother. When the lights hit green I let my buddie go ahead (integ) and I punched it onced he was a fair amount of space ahead of me. When I was changing gears, something weird happend. I heard a loud POP! Sound like a pipe blew off or something.. I parked at the house and checked and saw nothing was loose, the Intercooler pipes, intake, everything was on there right. The only thing is when I parked it, it smelled like something was burning. You think it might have something to do with my exhaust or cat?

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are there any unusual noises from the engine area with the car running?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The reason I ask, the same, EXACT thing happened to me a few years ago at the track. Turns out, my flywheel (yes, my FLYWHEEL!) came loose from the crank. All my flywheel bolts worked themselves loose, and the "pop" noise was the flywheel popping off the dowel pin. Loctite became my best friend after that. At idle, it had a horrendous knocking noise with a vibration that lessened with the clutch pedal depressed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, its kinda starting to shake a little. As of noises, theres a little ticking sound but its been there for a while. It seems to run ok unless I floor it. If the flywheel bolts come off... wouldnt the car feel jacked up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts