DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pretty bad little problem that might be an easy fix but im not sure, if i got and drive around and get on it at all then come back say in 10 minutes, the dip stick for the oil pops up like 2-3 inches, could oil come from there, because there is oil dripping from the bottom and there is oil like in the timing belt case and by the spark plugs could this be the problem or do I have a leak somewhere else..

·
Registered
930 Posts
yea, if the dip stick is popping up it will shoot oil everywhere.
It is very common, I just put a 1" piece of rubber tubing over the the dip stick tube. Slide half of the rubber hose onto the dip stick tube and the upper half will hold the dip stick in there. Make sure the rubber piece is small enough to fit kinda tight.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more question i want to wahs my enigne at the car wash but im not sure what to cover. they have some good degreaser stuff and want to get it real clean does anyone know if its safe to just spray away or hsould i cover somthing???

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well I won't say do this or not, But I "personally" do not cover anything. I do not spray the coil pack, turbo, or air filter directly.
If you can try to let the car dry as much as possible before starting. I know it's a pain but if you do get something wet, but allow it to dry before you energize it, you won't run into any problems. I have used spray de-greasers also without any problems. Just be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts