DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guy's think of the oil feed line? I have a 20g that im going to install in my 2g but is this the one I need? I read somewhere that I could just bend the water line to make it bolt right up. I dont need the J pipe cause the compressor housing has a 90* bent that will hook up to the stock SMIC. Will this be all that I need or I still need the oil return line and some random parts?

Im more of a 1g person and this is my first 2g so Im still kinda new with this 2g thing.

Any inputs, suggestions, coments welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...hash=item170233443943&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I dont know about that oil feed line, depends on the brand of 20g you are running I guess but that looks more like a mix between feed and drain line.

As for the 20g, you cant run that on a stock side mount, you will heat the side mount so much you will start knocking. You need a front mount for a 20g.

As for the return line, you may need a seperate setup, my stock setup didnt work with the 20g so I had to modify it.

Here is what I use for a connection for my 20g's oil line.

What other modifications do you have? I am wondering if you even have the required basic mods for the 20g.

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an MHI TD05 20g. The car will be a DD so I just want more power into it. Later on, Ill upgrade the stock smic to an fmic when I have enough saved up.

Would it be okay if I run it on the stock smic for a lil bit? I wont be racing it anyways. Actually the car sits under the tree cause I dont have the license to drive. I only take it out 2 or 3 times a week.

For the supporting mod, I already have 650cc injectors, 3kgt VR4 fuel pump, 40mm external W/G, 1g bov, intake pipe, boost controller, boost gauge, and some other random parts.(most of them not installed yet except the boost controller, boost gauge and intake pipe are installed)

Im just gathering the parts before I install it.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
tsi2psi said:
I have an MHI TD05 20g. The car will be a DD so I just want more power into it. Later on, Ill upgrade the stock smic to an fmic when I have enough saved up.

Would it be okay if I run it on the stock smic for a lil bit? I wont be racing it anyways. Actually the car sits under the tree cause I dont have the license to drive. I only take it out 2 or 3 times a week.

For the supporting mod, I already have 650cc injectors, 3kgt VR4 fuel pump, 40mm external W/G, 1g bov, intake pipe, boost controller, boost gauge, and some other random parts.(most of them not installed yet except the boost controller, boost gauge and intake pipe are installed)

Im just gathering the parts before I install it.
You have no way to control the 650's so you will need a SAFC or DSMLink

650's will be too small for the 20g though, unless you run lower boost. I was close to over running 720's on the 20g.

With a Td05, you might be ok.. I was running a tdo6h

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill be getting a SAFCII from my bro's friend for $100 but his from out of town.(Barkersfield Ca.) My boost will be under 15psi. I wanna keep my 7bolt in 1 piece as long as I could. Im also going to get a keydriver stage 3 chip and a full 3'' exhaust system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.