DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked the search and can't pull anything up on this.

I have oil in my valve cover. I've doubled up the gasket on the oil cap and don't really have an idea of where it's coming from.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
dsm valve covers are prone to crack.If you got a new oil cap,then chances are yours is cracked.Mine's cracked on the lower right inner side.very common place for them to crack.I bought a one at the junkyard for 15 bucks,but i haven't decided if i wanted to paint it/polish or not so it's still in my storage.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Like stated above, check for cracks. Sometimes they are easy to overlook. Mine is also cracked on the lower right inner side. It doesnt take much at all to crack them. I used jb weld as a temprary fix for mine till I get a new one. It has worked so far.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as an update, i CHANGED THE valve cover and I had the same problem. i figured it was the gasket.

I ordered a new Oil Cap assembly from mitsu and it solved the problem.
I could have ordered just a gasket but I want/needed a new cap anyways

·
Registered
224 Posts
You may want to change, or at the least inspect, the spark plug gaskets and the half moon as well if you haven't already. I changed my valve cover gasket and oil cap for the same reason(s) you did only to find oil leaking from the half moon. I did them all and no oil ever since. The half moon was only $3 from the dealer however the spark plug gaskets were like $6 each

1 - 5 of 5 Posts