DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, im pissed at these banjo fittings. 3 times already have i used new copper gaskets and still have an oil leak. new pipe from mitsu. also! ive tried going to hose specialty places to have a hose made that wont use banjo fittings, but they say the bolt threads wont work, they can only use pipe thread sizes. has anyone else had this much trouble? has anyone found a way around this?? i have the car ready to go, new turbo, everything, i cranked it for one second and immediately shut it off due to the severed artery of a oil leak. i lost a 1/2 quart of oil on having it cranked for no more than a couple of seconds. its gettign to me now...

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Is the sealing surface on the turbo cartridge gouged or something? Have you tried to figure out where on the banjo the leak is coming from? If the surface on the turbo is gouged up you can end up with a leak (same thing with the bottom of the head on the banjo bolt).

If the banjo is making you sick, Hahn sells an oil feed line that doesn't use a banjo fitting. It uses a 4AN to 12 x 1.25 fitting, with a crush washer to seal the metric threaded half to the cartridge. RRE's stainless line uses a banjo-to-4AN adapter, but I've had mine for a couple years now with no leaks.

I would check into it more to see where exactly the leak is coming from. It might not even be the banjo itself, it could be a pinhole leak in the line that is very close to the banjo...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think it is a pinhole leak if oil was gushing out. im going to check to see if it needs tightening, but im afraid to tighten it too much because i already stripped it once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts