DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that have a couple drops of oil leaking from the bottom of the car onto the driveway. Also noticed a fine mist of oil on my rear bumper.. The oil is a little low on the dipstick but the oil is still good in color, there is no oil in the coolant.. the car runs the same and drives the same and also pulls the same. Any suggestions?? maybe oil pan gasket??

The camshaft and valve stem seals have been replaced in the past year and a half. There is no smoke coming from the front or rear of the car and there is oil under the car but I cant figure out where its coming from.. thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My car does the same thing. I havent had any problems with it I just never thought it leaked bad enough to get it checked out. Sorry I couldnt help, Good luck, Josh

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Josh..not a problem... any reply is better than no reply!! I jacked up the car and the oil pan gasket seems to be fine.. the leak seems to be coming from the motor somewhere up front closer to the bumper. Tomorrow i'll have it up on a lift and hopefully i'll find the solution. The car just started leaking oil couple days ago and I cant stand for my car to do that lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts