DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several threads out there on installing oil pressure gauges with our cars. Im havig a basic problem and cant find the info i need.
Im running a forward facing oil filter housing and was wondering how i go about installing my electronic oil pressure gauge.
The housing im using looks like this.

And this is the sending unit for the gauge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone> I think i "T" the oil feed port and have them both there. Just wanting to confirm that.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
AAP P/N: 321272.1

For some reason it's called a street tee, but it's NPT on all sides so the threads are not 100% perfect to our OFH, but will work.

Once T'd, remote mount the sensor. It'll prevent premature failure of the T and sensor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
just to jump in I was planning on getting a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, so we cant use the sandwich peice that a lot of companys make to just install it inbetween the filter and housing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't trust a T in an oil feed line especially one that runs to the turbo. Anything that could go wrong would go wrong with the turbo causing more damage then necessary. Have you tried looking at one that goes in between the oil filter and the housing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could i just come off the "T" with the sender for the gauge? (where the arrow is below.) That way i dont have to fool with finding all the extra fittings for the feed line.

just to jump in I was planning on getting a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, so we cant use the sandwich peice that a lot of companys make to just install it inbetween the filter and housing?
Ive looked into this but my oil filter being half and inch or so to my downpipe would almost guarantee it wouldn't fit. Its like this because i went under the alternator and between the oil filter and core support with the downpipe.

I don't trust a T in an oil feed line especially one that runs to the turbo. Anything that could go wrong would go wrong with the turbo causing more damage then necessary. Have you tried looking at one that goes in between the oil filter and the housing?
Please elaborate on this, cause i don't want to cause any damage. But i know the stock oil filter housing has a "T" that the stock oil pressure and oil feed come out of. Discussed the Sandwich adapter problems i have above.

Crappy pic of my stock setup. (The stock oil feed comes out where the arrow is on the side facing the oil pan.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts