DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have much experience with a Dynomax super turbo muffler on a non-turbo 4g63 DSM?

I have had one before on a Probe GT and know they perform well, but I want to know about sound. I'm trying to avoid the typical "buzzy" sound that 4 bangers usually have. :D

Any advice?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Turbo mufflers don't perform that well...they still use restriction to quite your exhaust down, albiet not as much backpressure as stock.
Your engine is going to sound pretty much how it wants. A nearly square bore/stoke 4 cylinder engine isn't going to have the same sound as a V8....
Some guys have used flowmasters, they tend to promote lower frequencies and cancel the higher ones...it might be something for you.
Note the highest flowing ones are going to be straight through...

Rogue

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one on my 2.3 stang....

Doesnt soudn ricey or like a fart can at all.... reasonably loud can hear it under full throttle about 2 blocks away. Keep in mind that the 2.3 mustang autos dont like high revs so it is shifting only around 4 grand. When revved up to around 6000-6500 it is pretty loud..... Louder than a chevy 3.1 with dual glasspacks anyway....

oh mine was 2.5in 2.5in out to a stailess steel LX 5.0 style pipe...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking for a V8 sound as I know that can't be had. I was just wondering if it will be "buzzy".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one on my car that I put on about 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I like the sound that it gives. I did have straight pipe on it, but I had it taken off. It isn't as loud, but it has a lot better of a tone to it. It has a deep, kinda race tone to it, but it sounds good.

And they get louder after a little bit too.:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had a regular Dynomax on mine and blew the baffles out of it, they got jammed in the muffler and stalled the car out.

I replaced it with a Dynomax Welded Race Muffler and love it...............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts