DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found someone selling both of these for $500 in mint condition. Just wanted some input before I got out and buy them. Is the e-manage/profec e-01 reliable? Does anybody have this setup?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I ran an emanage in my '90 AWD Turbo a few years ago and yes, it's a good system. However, if it's even twice the money, I'd put my money into a DSMLink. Back when I had my '90, we didn't have DSMLink as an option for 1G's and if we had, I would have bought that instead. The EManage is powerful but it's just a more complicated SAFC, to be honest. That's just my $.02, $500 is a good price for that combination.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Spend the extra money and go with DSMLink, you will be VERY happy you did. DSMLink can do things that the E-Manage could not dream of doing, do it better and do it safer.

DSMLink is made for our cars, E-Manage is not specifically made for our car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been thinking about getting dsmlink but this is gonna be a temp setup until I get aem ems. Plus I needed a boost controllers so I'll have something to do a lil more in depth tuning and up the boost. How much does an eprom ecu cost and to get it chipped

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
98_GstEclipse said:
Ive been thinking about getting dsmlink but this is gonna be a temp setup until I get aem ems. Plus I needed a boost controllers so I'll have something to do a lil more in depth tuning and up the boost. How much does an eprom ecu cost and to get it chipped
If its going to be a temp setup, just wait till you have all the money needed for EMS and be done, that way you dont waste any money because you will not recoup the money you spend on anything.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That and Greddy Emanage demands a good deal of tuning to get dialed in. Just an ignorant question here - is AEM EMS that much better than DSMLink for most mortal DSM tuners?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
ElectronVTEC said:
That and Greddy Emanage demands a good deal of tuning to get dialed in. Just an ignorant question here - is AEM EMS that much better than DSMLink for most mortal DSM tuners?
You can do a hell of a lot more with EMS but DSMLink is closing the gap with V3. I dont think DSMLink will ever be as technical as EMS but the reason why is, because its based off our ECU so it doesnt really need to be. Its also much, much easier to use and far less expensive, not needing ton of extra sensors ( not that having them doesnt help a ton, because it does ) to do what needs to be done.

DSMLink > EMS because you dont need a college degree or hours of special training to use it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It really depends what kind of power your making. For example, i would'nt use an E-manage if your looking to make over 400whp. Granted, i'm sure people on this board have, but i wouldnt. If your talking about a car with slightly upgraded turbo, minor mods, boost contoller, blah, blah, sure, but otherwise i wouldnt.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
With a goal of 500 horses dsmlink is more than perfect for your setup. Why not just get a damn safc if you are going to go with e-manage, they are the same type of setup, they are both a piggyback/bandaid for tuning. Anything that hides airflow to compensate for larger injectors is trash, and should never be on a car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was just in my buddy's 2G with a DSMLink and I think a GT35R with all the fixin's runnin 1000cc injectors (he's turned high 10's with it) and oh my god, if that's not a testimonial for DSMLink, I don't know what is. I can't honestly see why anyone would not use a DSMLink.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
98_GstEclipse said:
Im going with a 35r setup my goal is 500
DSMLink and be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts