DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the problem... I Broke the TC on my 2g. Now if that isn't bad enough I also ruined the output shaft. See I'm kinda low on cash I can either put in my old output shaft with the bad splines on it and drive around in FWD mode or plan B get a 1st gen output shaft and transfer case off my buddy. Now I know the splines are different on the old shafts but comparing the two next to each other they are a little different. Does anyone know for sure the 1g output shaft\TC will work on a 2g? Hope they will I only have two more weeks to Race at my hometown track :) Don't have time for waiting for parts
Ryan

·
Registered
123 Posts
First of all you can NOT just drive around without a tcase and be FWD. If you try that you will ruin the viscous coupling and center diff in the tranny.
that being said the 1g and 2g LATE tranny output shaft to tcase are the same part. You need a 23 spline unit. What you need is a build date September 90 or later. At least that's what the books say but I have personally seen septber 90 (91 model) cars have a 22 spline shaft. Either are interchangeable anyway but must be mated to the correct spline tcase.

·
Registered
333 Posts
driven around in FWD mode... lol
that wont work, he's right
i tried it once and it acted as if the clutch was slipping real bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts