DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey newbie here I bought my first dsm last year junkyard fine bought a fuel pump through it in and it started unfortunately now it has an over heating issue! I put a brand new thermostat, gates 1k (could be wrong on the 1k but is a gates racing water pump) and then New coolant as well as relays for the fans I noticed the fans weren’t turning on so I by passed the relay to have them on when battery is connected and unfortunately with all this replaced it still over heats on idle when I go down the road about 140 it starts to cool down and goes back to normal temperature! Till idling again. The only issues I noticed is the over heating and lights flickering I did change the alternator and battery not to long ago as well. Any information/types would be amazing it’s a dream car of mine but is currently causing a lot of head ache! I typed it up but most if not all comments say replace this and replace that which I did and still no luck! Thank you I’m advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trim down what you write, example the fuel pump has nothing to do with this issue so it just makes your post look longer than it actually is.
I want you to take the thermostat out of the car. Than physically take the radiator out of the car and visually inspect it. Re-assemble everything WITHOUT the thermostat and refill with normal water. Drive the car around for an hour. If the car does not overheat than we have narrowed it down. If it continues to overheat than I have more steps for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts