DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a pacesetter exhaust? I've hear they flow real good and are not too loud. The only downside is that they are mild steel and will rust in few years, but they only cost $146. I could buy three of these things for the price of an HKS, Greddy or Thermal.

Any opinions welcomed.

95GSX
Dave Brode Upper IC
K & N filter
Freedom designs Strut Bar
AEM Big Brakes - Ordered and waiting

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dont know how they are for DSM's but I had one for my MR2. I had an 88 NA MR2 and I needed a new exhaust at the time. There was no aftermarket exhaust for my car. So I had put it in. It looked cool it had 4 tips. From the back it looked like a 3000gt with the 4 tips. But it had a very very very ricey sound. Like 3/4 of the honduhs out there. I got one good year out of it. Being that I am in NY with the winter and the salt. Then it started rattling and sounding very tinny. I only paid about 125 for it from summitt at the time. I mean I couldnt get a stock system for that price.

------------------

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping for 2-3 years. I live on Long Island also, so I'd probably suffer the same fate. I guess I'll just have to wait and buy a better system.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
871 Posts
remember something..you get what you pay for, most of the time ;) but the comment about being able to buy 3-4 of them for the cost of "other systems" is a real good one to think about. i say if you like the pacesetter get it....you could always put some sort of high temp paint on it to keep from rusting..........just a thought.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an HKS super dragger 3" exhaust on my car and although i had to pay i think around $500 and some odd dollars, i am glad.. its been on the car for 2 years and i live in charleston sc.. i can see the ocean from my street. salt water is everywhere and i have even had to drive through it going to class downtown (we have bad flooding at high tide as alot of the city is below sealevel) when i inspected it a few weeks ago during a clutch overhaul it was not rusted at all.. looked the same as when i put it on. and it has a very very un ricy sound.. very deep and extremely smooth. it is deep enough to set off car alarms set too sensitive. the only drawback is coming down from over 3000rpm, it get very loud from about 3300 to about 2800 rpm. but it is still smooth sounding like a sport bike or something

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Pacesetter is junk. It sounds very rattly and 'ricey' no matter what vehicle it is on. I live in PA and a friend had a pacesetter cat-back on his car that lasted well less than a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts