DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you guys think it will cost to paint a 95 eagle talon esi silver? Thanks alot. And how long does this take places to do? days, weeks? lol. Thanx

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is a very broad question. The range of a paint job will vary with the quality. You can goto Macco and get a paint job for $300 and look like crap and peel within a year, or take it too someone like my father (we own a paint and body shop) and have a nice shiny, long lasting paint job for ~$1000. Price goes up with body work, two-tone, change in color, etc...

But some places may charge up to $3000! for the same work as my father. So it is really hard to tell.

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Yep, I agree very broad question... How much do you have to spend? Do you want top quality paint, mid, or low? Are you wanting to do it right, or quick? What kind of paint would you like?
ie: I can paint, I did mine right (will post pix soon) and I spent about $450.00 on top quality "custom" paint and about $200.00 on prep and finishing materials. It took me and a friend about 1 week total time. Before this I had it quoted at a good, mid-price local shop and their estimate was about $3000.00 Know any friends or friends friends that can paint?

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took my Prelude to a few shops to get quotes on a new paint job. To keep the car the same color, it would be around $3,000. I only wanted high quality work, so i made sure the car was stripped down i.e. doors taken off, trim removed, etc. To change the color, they would charge around $4000, $4500 to pull the motor and do the engine bay. So, if you want top quality, expect to pay top dollar.

Mike

------------------
"Usually when you go for broke, you get there."
"It's hard to go home a winner if you never go home."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts