DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some matching paint from autozone with a can of clear, I plan to slowly paint my engine bay with everything in the car. For example moving everything off the firewall and spraying as much as I can, then take out the intake, fuse box and ic pipe and do that whole area but my question is, has anyone ever done this? Will it really stand out if I do it? My car is white and I have kept it very nice, buffed and waxed so i was thinking it would look pretty nice when done. Maybe some pics if anyone did this. I just don't want to make it look worse or anything.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm anyone else?

·
Banned
755 Posts
I did this two week ago. I just finished 2 days ago cause got tired. Ill be continue'ing tomorrow. I took off everything off of the fire wall, power steering lines, container, ac lines etc... It definately stands out more. My car is also white and it was all covered in oil when I got it. Just take your time and dont overspray.

First thing I did was took off everythin. Then I sanded it down, finalized it with 1500 grit. I washed everything off with water and soap, then let it sit dry. Then painted it piece by piece. I painted one part, let it dry, move on to the next, and so on.

Ill snap a picture for you right now.

·
Banned
755 Posts
Before: Its still the way it looks now cause I still have to take out A/C compressor pump and change the timing belt.

Now: Painted passenger side shock tower.

Fire wall.

MAS/intake filter

Radiator support.

I ripped off the whole front end to paint the bottom part of the radiator support, took out my intercooler and pipings, fuse box, everything that go on the way, I took out, except for the ABS lines.

Just one more side and im done.lol

Hope you like it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
NY 95 TSI AWD said:
It looks much better. Is that an emblem off of an Eagle Vision or a different eagle? I know one of the other Eagle cars had a big metal emblem.
+1

Where did you find it?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.