DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been toying with this idea for quite a while now, and finally got over my laziness and ran a pic through photoshop.

What do you guys think? I still have the project file, so I can try other stuff if anyone has any better ideas.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't think its horrible, but I also assume it would be more glossy, correct? Or is my work monitor garbage and it IS glossy? I think it would look good with the gloss, either way.

It almost reminds me of the "hugger" orange or "hemi" orange from back in the 60's and 70's. Or even a variation of the copper color I've seen on 2g's...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
93_GSX said:
I don't think its horrible, but I also assume it would be more glossy, correct? Or is my work monitor garbage and it IS glossy? I think it would look good with the gloss, either way.

It almost reminds me of the "hugger" orange or "hemi" orange from back in the 60's and 70's. Or even a variation of the copper color I've seen on 2g's...
Yeah, I'm only "okay" in photoshop. It's supposed to be glossy. The sun was just at a bad angle in the pic to catch the reflection in the color change, and that's beside the fact that white sucks for retaining gloss through adjustments anyway.

And the plan is somewhere around the Hemi orange, or possibly a Lambo orange. I tried to use the former in this case.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was originally going to shoot mine with a high gloss hemi orange. So yeah I like. Needs a headlight covers tinted tails and tinted windows tho.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far most of those who I've asked directly have been female, and they've all liked it. Unfortunately, I'm not lacking in the girl dep't, so they aren't the ones I'm trying to impress. Other than blue, does anyone have any other suggestions?

I do like the look of black ground effects, so I don't think I'll be budging on that, and would like to stick with colors that would look good with it.

As for blues: light or dark blue? An example, possibly?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turbolover said:
Looks decent, not a huge fan of orange though.. I did have a copper 2g that I liked because it was rare. Bottom line, do what you like and screw everyone else.:tat:
Believe me, I'm totally for doing my own thing... I just prefer not to look retarded doing it.

I'll do a blue one and toss that up.

·
Registered
463 Posts
There are two orange talons on ebay currently and one says its a hemi orange if you want to look. Orange is one of and probably my favorite color, but I don't like the way it looks on talons. I plan on getting my car repainted probably within a year and I just can't see it in orange. I'm thinking silver, or possibly the stock blue color that it currently has.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Look good? And I can't say it enough... white sucks as a starting point for a color change.

Since it would be a stock blue, the main thing I'm concerned about is the black ground effects. thoughts?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
swade said:
Whats wrong with a respray of white.
Absolutely nothing. I was thinking about doing something different, that's all. It's still quite a ways out, and I was just trying to get opinions.

Ground effects would still go black, though. I just really like that for some reason.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hotimportcrx said:
I would paint it black. Black car, black wheels, STEALTH!
I really like the contrasting colors as opposed to the complementing colors, which is a shared opinion by those around me. So unfortunately the dark colors are out for the body. I'm thinking a respray of white is probably my best bet at this point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.