DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have the opportunity to pretty much rape my friends 2g before he sells it. I have a 1g. He has a 16g, Walbro 255, profec B. The question comes to the fuel pump. Can I use it in my car even though it is for a 2g. There is no question as far as the turbo or the boost controller. M 14b is going on his car. He has his stock pump, so that will going back on. Does the Walbro require connector or fuel line mods. If so will it be difficult to return to stock pump configuration.
I also want to get him manifold and o2 housing. Will his heatshield work with a 1g manifold. I am going to put my manifold on his car. Basically I have a chance to take any parts that I can replace with my own. I want it all.....but I have to leave his car as stock looking as possible. If possible I would also take his throttle body inlet, but with the smaller size the intercooler piping might be a little difficult. I would also take his mass....but that is going a little too far don't you think. Plus I don't think his car would run too well with my mass, not mention the wiring involved.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe there's a VFAQ (www.vfaq.com) on installing the Walboro pumps on both the 1G and 2G. I'd just check both and look for any differences. I don't think there is anything other than a small difference in the electrical connections. The heat shield for the manifold is interchangeable. The heat shield for the o2 housing is a bit tricky...his shield will fit on your car but your shield will have to be modified to fit his due to the differing o2 sensor position. The 2G shields are made to work with either 1G or 2G housing. They're visually identical anyway so I wouldn't screw with swapping the o2 sensor housing shield. Of course this won't matter if you swap the manifold and o2 housing too (do this if you can). The 2G manifold will have to be ground away on one of the edges to bolt onto your car. I've never tried putting a 1G manifold onto a 2G. The manifold studs on the 2G are physically larger...that might cause a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts