DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 97 rs eclipse current with 420a stock, but I’m having problems finding out information if a pentastar v6 would fit into my engine bay either to the factory trans and build it up, or if it’s close in size the charger sxt awd drivetrain. But if anyone has any help with finding out if it’ll at least fit and if what might be needed for wiring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I have a 97 rs eclipse current with 420a stock, but I’m having problems finding out information if a pentastar v6 would fit into my engine bay either to the factory trans and build it up, or if it’s close in size the charger sxt awd drivetrain. But if anyone has any help with finding out if it’ll at least fit and if what might be needed for wiring.
Evo swap or VR4 swap I normally get my wiring harnesses from rye wire but there's another one out there I forget the name of it

·
Registered
24 Posts
The engine from the 3rd or 4th Gen eclipse is a V6 and is on the passengers side. Theres a guy on youtube who took an rs and swapped a evo awd driveline into it using the factory motor mounts. But the sky is the limit for motor/engine swaps. and to answer you question: No, I do not believe the bolt pattern on the 420a is compatible with any V6 engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts