DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else thinks he can bust into the 11s w/a 14b? He's at 12.02. Talk about TUNING. Tuning; n. v. making the best of what you got.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hello

....yes, what Formz says is true.....other than playing with timing, there has been no tuning. The car has never been on a dyno.....but, finally, next week it should be, and I will let you guys know what it's doing........then I will most likely throw the AFC in and see whats left. In case you guys didn't know I ran once down here in Maryland.....best pass was 12.05, it was my first pass, then the sun went down and traction was an issue. I did hit my best MPH ever......my 12.02 was at 112.38 which was my best MPH. Down here I ran [email protected] and [email protected], so the car is pulling well picking up over 23 mph from 1/8 to 1/4. So, I hope to run again this year......I'll keep you all posted. By the way 16G-95GSX...my lower honeycomb is out and fuel cut is removed from my ECU. I know there is i/c pipes and such to do, but I am trying to maintain as much of a stock appearance as I can, but that may not be possible any longer...

Later guys,

Phil1320

ps--whats up Matt?!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Phil,do you have any links to some current pic of your car?

I am very impressed with you wanting to squeeze as much out of the 14b as possible but what's after that?:confused:

·
Registered
238 Posts
current pics..

..........thanks very much........I will have our web guy update my Extreme Team page asap.....I'll post here when its up. After the 14b.........shooting for the elite group of 10 second DSMs......on my factory engine with possible cam swap.....I wont state my combination yet., cuz I'm not sure......but more weight yet will also come out of the car...I'm trying to hit 2800 even for weight with me.......

Matt-- the job is great...learning alot......great people to be around........and lots of fast cars......having a dyno in house is great...........Focus gets dynoed next week also.....I'm flying home in 4 hours back to CT to pick it up from the bodyshop finally...dont know if you heard, I killed a deer about 6 weeks ago....$4700 in damage. I hope to see all of you up there soon....maybe I'll stop by TDM tomorrow afternoon.

Later guys,

Phil

·
Registered
320 Posts
Phil I wish I could come down and see ya at TDM but I'm at school. I don't come hoem till next weekend. :( I didn't hear about the dear, that bites. Good luck with everything! I'm sure I'll talk to ya soon.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Phil good to hear from you. I've got mine down to 2590lbs now without me, so that's 2770 with driver. It wasn't that hard...really. I think if you weigh your car you might be surprised. :D

I'm keeping the GSX as well. The C5 is sweet but I'm putting the money somewhere else. ;)

I wish I could go to TDM and say hello myself, but I'm sure I'll be as welcome as a Honda at a Mustang show. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey Jay!

..............cool...2590......last time I weighed in at 2655 with a 1/4 tank gas...with me, 2860. I myself am down to 186 lbs, from 200 3 months ago, so that helps, hehe. I can shave some more weight for sure.....I guess you're more gutted than me at this point! I love it...nothing like free ET!!! Jay, I heard where the C5 $ is going....much better choice, land.... ! I don't know that I am particularly welcome at TDM myself, but I figure I'd go say Hi. I will be at XX in wethersfield around noon to have Danny apply coating to my new euro headlights and carbon hood on the Focus... I picked it up today, first time driving it in 6 weeks....I actually missed that thing. Just been driving the old Legacy turbo since. I hope to see the strip within the next few weeks.....hopefully the last few weeks of racing the 14b....I'll try to make you guys proud.....I still can't believe it went 113.17, Leon R. was at 113.55, I never thought I would come close to the MPH. Anyway, keep in touch Jay, good luck with the GSX....

Phil Beers

·
Registered
4 Posts
ps....

........PurpleDSM........my girlfriends screen name in case anyone was wondering.......I forgot to sign in on her computer....hehe....oh well.

Phil1320

·
Registered
652 Posts
So what have you guys removed?

I'm thinking about basically removing the bumper supports in my car, making a fiberglass hood, and removing the AWS(but you don't have to worry about that).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, what I meant, initially, is that I like the fact that he is sticking w/the stock turbo. I wanna see how far you can possibly go w/that unit and the rest lightly modded. Anyway, I think turbo upgrade will be one of my last mods, if I ever find a good TSi to buy here in WI.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
JayHäss said:
Phil good to hear from you. I've got mine down to 2590lbs now without me, so that's 2770 with driver. It wasn't that hard...really. I think if you weigh your car you might be surprised. :D
Please list your weight reductions.

I have so far ditched the following:
Front and rear bumpers
AC, PS, Rear seatbelts, trunk cover, spare tire, jack, metal trunk floor framing, Cat. Con., fog lights, heat shielding, rear window bottle, char. can, cruise control, antenna, etc.
:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quadcylla said:
I think we have another period whore ;). Got enough "...." there man?

Here's a new one he used: ".... ! " What the heck? :D

Is this targeted to me?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh,...............nevermind.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts