DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go, I got arrested about 2 months ago and have been subsequently grounded by my parents. In that time I have managed to save $1200 and I have decided to get some rims. So I would like to ask everyone who reads this; WHAT KIND OF WHEELS WOULD YOU GET? Keep in mind that this does not include tires (although that would be nice) and since my car is a N/T, I am looking to put either 18's or 19's I have a 96 Black Eclipse with no outside modifications done to it. Chrome, Silver, Gunmetal, Black; it doesnt matter, I just want opinions. Please dont post any replies about how I should put money into the engine or buy 17's because they are the right size to go fast, I dont care. The N/T is slow so the least I can make it do is look nice. I thank everyone who replies. (Also, PICS of your choice would be appreciated)

·
Registered
749 Posts
BarelyLegalGSX said:
anything racing hart

www.dazzmotorsports.com

good wheels, decent prices

i roll the C5s on my 1g.
check it out, im painting my car this color
and im think im gonna copy you and buy those rims, hope ya dont mind :p

peace

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wouldn't go too big on the rims, 18s are great looking on just about any compact car. Racing Hart's are sweet, but they're actually not the cheapest thing on the planet =) I think Nippon Racing and some other people have Racing Hart knockoffs, but I personally wouldn't buy them. C5 Evos are very nice looking rims, and I think BarelyLegal has those if I remember correctly. The regular C5s have rivets in them and make them look a little bulky. Racing Harts are also not the lightest rim. Volk Racing's TE37s are very lightweight and are awesome looking. OZ Racing also makes great performace wheels. Try wheelmax.com and tirerack.com... those sites have really good prices and packages with tires and rims. Hope this helps a little. Later

Jon

·
Registered
246 Posts
Another vote for Rota wheels... strong, light, look good... can't go wrong.

They're cheaper than the Dazz stuff and you can't afford the really good Dazz stuff.

You might be able to afford the Racing Hart Evolution line of wheels but probably not the REAL Racing Harts. Check out Groupbuycenter for the best prices on Rotas and RH Evos and many other wheels. For about $400 a wheel, I'm sure you can find a good set of OZWheels or SSRs at Tirerack.com or some Konigs or Enkeis at Tire.com.

Volks are completely out of his $$ range, especially the TE37 since he wants 18/19". I hope you realize how friggin expensive good tires for our cars are especially with anything 17" and up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts