DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Just wanna say thanks for the threads. A lot of info has been extremely useful. Been in the process of rebuilding my 4g37 engine off my ''94 Plymouth Laser. I'm at the point where I'm installing the belts and all I need is a better visualization of where all the timing marks should be set before re-installing the belts. I have done many searches (couldn't seem to find anything) and studied my Chilton (never really shows you everything you need) and now I'm in a pickle. Calling all 1.8ers, please help. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Attachments taken from the factory service manual. You might also check the VFAQ and there is a timing section for the 4g63 there. Although it isn't exactly the same it gives some tips and you can follow the instruction on aligning the oil pump as it is critical that you have it phased correctly. Just because it is pointed at the arrow doesn't mean it's right. The rear shaft could be 180* out hence the factory check with the screwdriver.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Driver's side rear of the block approximately the same height as the silent shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.