DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just removed the pinstripes from my car and just like with every sticker or decal that has been on for a while, there is black residue in some places. I tried scaratching it with my fingernail but I dont want to risk anything like scratching the paint. SO, my question is what will take this crap off? Im thinking a car compound would...what do you guys think? Thanks!

------------------
91TSiPower
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Look for this stuff called Goo Gone. It works great on getting the sticky crap off after you remove stickers. I got the stuff at the local supermarket.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just regular WD-40 works pretty well with taking stuff like that off. I pulled the pin stripping off my car too. I sprayed the side of the car where the pinstripping was with WD-40 and let it stand overnight. I just wiped it off the next morning with a cotton cloth and washed the car.

------------------
Brian
Wildberry '95 TSi AWD

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, now what exactly would that be under? Is is for cars? Thanks

------------------
91TSiPower
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I actually found it right by the register because it was on sale but I would think it is in the cleaning isle. They may call it citrus cleaner or something like that also. :)

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Either of the above should work, or try some isopropyl alcohol with a clean rag and change rag often as you go.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD - modified
Live, Learn, Love, Bleed DSM...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just remember to followup with some good wax (ph balanced)...don't want that stuff eatin up the paint :)

Btw, anyone else have that sticky tarlike stuff leaking from the doors? It's impossible to remove ...

------------------
=KTP=
99SpyderGST

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can find Goo off at any Home Depot or hardware store. It's in a yellow can. Usually located by the paint solvents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually u should use meguire's cleaner, then polish and wax, its a 3 step process but this really mad my car clean and shiny. it also removed alot of small scratches. i used it to take off the dealer's stickers on my bumper and it did an awesome job. i'll post some pics later of it later when i get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts