DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the Pioneer 740mp
A friend with the same deck said that he was able to have the little arrows on the right side of he OEL removed. Its the arrows that show you which options you have at the screen that you are at. Like if you can go up or down the turn something on or off.

Has anyone done this?

Is this even possible or else is he just pulling my leg?

Ive never seen it done before so i was just curious.

OH yeah it doenst say it in the manual checked that out already.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've never heard of that. Why would you want to, anyway?
If he's done it, ask him how; and post it here! I doubt it, though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He didnt remeber how he did it :mad:
But with the arrows out of the way its more room for the OEL portion. So it would sorta look like a 940 b/c they have use of the whole face of the deck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well, here's the scoop. Being a Pioneer (Premier) dealer, I called up my tech line and talked to the head representative. He says NO WAY! All of the screen's functions are controlled by a micro processor chip, and there isn't any way to change how it functions. He actually laughed at me! Oh well, I have a sense of humor; but sorry, your friend was pulling your leg (as you put it, I say he's full of s%&#!!!)! ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks for checking it out.

Damn i was hoping that i could get rid of it but no dice.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
543 Posts
that would be nice but not likely. I have the oldschool 7200. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that f'n headunit' I wanna own it forever!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I do, PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts