DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what is going on. If i go down the highway and don't push the gas pedal past 1/4 of the way down, everything works great. The turbo spools up and it pulls pretty good. when i push the pedal down any father, the car acts like its hitting a rev limiter. the car starts up fine but it does seem to be running a little rich. can anybody out there help me out. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
404 Posts
it kinda sounds like your hitting fuel cut.. what mods do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its not fuel cut. I hit that before and it feels like i slammed on the brakes. I don't know if you can have less of a drastic fuel cut. My mods are mbc, k&n fipk, cat-back exhaust, new denso plugs and thats about it for the intake, exhaust system

·
Registered
404 Posts
did you do the MAS mod where you remove the honeycombs?

·
Registered
560 Posts
If it is directly related to the throttle position it may be the TPS malfunctioning..?? Does it do it at any speed in any gear, but at a specific throttle percentage?? Or is it speed or RPM related??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Check out your plugs/wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did remove the honeycombs awhile ago and it ran great. this just started to do this about a week ago. It seems like it acts up at the throttle degree but I'm not sure. I'll also check that this weekend. Are there any other things that i should check. I'm also getting new wires next week. Does anyone think it might be my coil?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
change your fuel filter

·
Registered
352 Posts
It could be the coil. Get yourself a multimeter and test it out.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, when I got on the throttle, the car would stutter like mad. My plugs were gapped way out of spec. I re-gapped them, and can run it up to redline at WOT now.. Definitely check the plugs' gaps and the wires.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ho chi inn said:
yah, guarantee it's the wires.
If it is the wires then it would be relative to boost pressure, may be the wires. Be careful what you gaurantee, I can gaurantee a box of shit, but it is still just a box of shit with a gaurantee on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 fast POS said:

If it is the wires then it would be relative to boost pressure, may be the wires. Be careful what you gaurantee, I can gaurantee a box of shit, but it is still just a box of shit with a gaurantee on it.
that was pretty funny!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Will your box of poo help me pick up chicks? If so, send me the shit w/ an additional 20 HKS and Greddy stickers too!

HOLLA!

talontrbot; seriously though, let us know how your car feels after the new wires get installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went to work last night and when i got on the highway i didn't floor the car and i ran great all the way to red line and the turbo was working. I can also have the car in neutral and stomp on it and it will rev without hitting the "rev limit" area. But if i floor it in neutral right off of idle it will hesitate and stumble for a second. Are there any other comments after this little experiment?

·
Registered
72 Posts
i would seem to think that either you're not getting a good spark (ie plugs, wires) or you are leaning out. did you take out the top and bottom honeycombs on your mas?

·
Registered
352 Posts
If he took out the top one, the car wouldn't run/idle. The bottom one is ok to remove. I know from experience (we were all newbies once)! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
well, unfortunately i took mine out. it idles like shit but it will still run. hope he didn't do it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Back in the day I took out the lower honey comb out of the 1G mas. Ran great untill... it started to get cold out. It was leaning out at partail throttle. Put the comb back in and see what happens. DON'T hack your mas without some kind of fuel control. Damb greenhorns:rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
my car is having the same problem right now, it wasn't doing it before, just started yesterday. this is what i did: i just installed a 20g turbo with indyracecore, it drives shitty for the past few weeks, at WOT i can take it all the way to 7500rpm, with no "REV LIMITER FEEL" finally i got some new plugs, and turned down the fuel pressure. on the local drive seems like it fixed the problem but i never did took it to red line. on the way back, i took the highways, 3rd gear at WOT ~5500rpm, start it to feel like i am hitting the rev limiter, NOT FC! so anyone fixed the problem?? i did a search seems like no one followed up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts