DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok last year car ran SUPER SMOOTH (minus a small mis-fire at 2k-ish rpm) with EXCELLANT gas mileage and no complaints. THEN the caps leaked on ECU allowing FP to run non-stop and flooded engine to the point of hydrolock (N/T). Got a used ECU and car runs like crap since though with sputtering/misfiring etc and was not even fit for highway driving and MPG was sad :( Put a NEW o2 in last week and car is now running 10x's better BUT still not close to where it was before ECU went bad AND the kicker is the mileage is still horrible and did not improve at all.

My question is could the used ECU i put in not be in 100% condition causing crappy runnig issues? Plugs + wires are good and remember car ran GREAT before the ECU swap. However since the engine got hydrolocked I was thinking that must be the cause but now I'm thinking maybe it could be the ECU. Does anyone think it's worth it to have it re-capped so I can rule that out as the problem? All thoughts are appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.