DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following mods on my 98GST: u/i piping with 1st gen BOV, K&N air filter,MBC at 15psi,2.5 downpipe, no cat, 3in ATR exhaust, free mods, air-fuel and boost guages, big 16g, Walbro fuel pump. It seems my car is giving a huge jurk back when i hit around 6000rpm and then again in 3rd. I just got the big 16 and fuel pump, but before upgrading i never had this problem. Is this fuel cut or could it be something else? I have nothing to control the fuel nor do i have bigger injectors or S-AFC etc. Please someone let me know if this is fuel cut so that i can stop worring that it could be something else. If this is fuel cut what can i do to eliminate it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
if its fuel cut which it sounds like it to me, you can start by taking one honey comb out of your mass air sensor. i'd start with the bottom one first and make sure the screw is backed out flush. this will lean things out a bit and also allow unmetered air around the sensor thus delaying fuel cut. you should really pick up an afc though and make sure you have something good to read the o2 voltage. that big 16g is flowing alot more then the t-25 and will make things run lean real quick if you up the boost too much, but keep an eye on things and you'll be ok.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
557 Posts
First check your hose clamps and make sure they are all VERY tight. If they are, then you are experiencing fuel cut. To help delay fuel cut, you can take the left and right honeycombs our of your MAS. Do not attempt to take out the middle, top or bottom honeycomb. Be sure to be carefull when you do this, and place them in a safe place, bc you may encounter some choppiness while idling or otherwise with them out in which case you'll want them again. Some do, most don't. Also this will cause your EGT's to rise alittle, since you will be running leaner, so be sure you have a good EGT or a modified A/F gauge.
Good Luck!!!!

Jesse
99 GSX

[This message has been edited by DiamondsR4EVR (edited October 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiamondsR4EVR:
Do not attempt to take out the middle, top or bottom honeycomb.
Jesse
99 GSX

[This message has been edited by DiamondsR4EVR (edited October 02, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just wodering why?? there is no top honeycomb by the way, well i guess if you look at it upside down there is...j/k :D :D :D. for a car with no fuel control i'd start with the smallest honeycomb first, which is the bottom, and you can kinda work with that one with the adjustment of the screw. i'd say with the sides out he'd run too lean, maybe one side though.
i have all of my honeycombs out, including the center. i also have a "hacked" 2g mas. the center honeycomb is where the hp is....trust me :D ofcourse i have an afc and injectors though and idle has never been better.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
557 Posts
I custom molded and calibrated my very own MAS with a top and bottome honeycomb...dyno'd at 39 hp after installation. ;) JK! You're right there is no top honey comb. On the digest I had heard that the best combs to take out were the left and right side. But I haven't done it yet sooooo.......

Jesse
99 GSX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts