DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I converted my 4g63 1g n/t to turbo, but I kept the 9:1 n/t pistons... anyone know what plugs I should run? I can't find any other threads that cover this very good... but I suck at using the search.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
6 or 7 es's should work just fine

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hey hows it going I see that youve turboed your 93 NT. Im thinking about turboing my 93 talon this winter as a winter project. Last year I swapped from an auto to a manual as a winter project. I just have some questions for you if you dont mind. Did you do the junk yard conversion or did you find some built kit somewhere? About how much did it cost you? Did you find some instructions somewhere or did you just jump right into it? My biggest area that causes my problems is all the vacuum lines and stuff. Turboes have a lot more in there than our NTs do. What Im wondering is what is important to hook up and what is just extra. Ive got a few schematics of some vacuum lines and what people have done but I want to get some more info on the subject. How well does your car run? Does it idle well? How many pounds of boost are you running? Also did you keep the same engine. If you did where did you hook up the oil lines for the turbo? Are there spots allready there or what? Any info you could pass on would be greatly appreciated. (sorry about emailing this message also, I just wanted to make sure you recieved it. You can reply by email if you wish, thanks.)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I did the same thing to mine, and it will healthily run 9 psi with minimal knock on a WOT run. Granted there is more tuning to be done, but for now, it ain't so bad. The oil feed line hooks up in the very same place it does in the turbo car, except you need the banjo bolt. I swapped in a turbo oil pan, or you can drill you stocker. I also use bpr6es as I found that the 7s fouled up on me.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
my car is a full 90 long block from a turbo car so its a little different. currently everything is pretty much hooked up according to the norm.

i run about 18 psi on my 14b, but i'll be ditching that this weekend for a big 16g so we'll see how it likes that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts