DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pocketlogger in a 2G? From what I understand it can't sampel as fast as in a 1G (6-20/sec. vs around 50/sec.). Also the 2G version can't logg knock or timing and those are the two most important, right?
I hope I'm wrong here because I really wanted one but now I don't know.
/Martin

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I've never heard of a 1G pocketlogger getting 50 samples per second, but I may be wrong.

I only get about 11 samples per second, but it still kicks ass. I get 11 samples per second if I am monitoring one thing and I get 11 samples per second if I am monitoring every possible option. The lack of knock is obviously a downside, but as long as you can see the timing curve you will be ok.

·
Registered
163 Posts
im also wanting to get a pocketlogger for my 2g talon TSI.

isw it worth my money I want to build my car safley and a datalogger is the best way to moniter what my car is doing! thanks:D oh ya and the price you cant beat the price:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks alot Im looking into getting one even though my car is stock right now i would like to be able to moniter things when I mod it to be as safe as I can thanks;)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The Pocketlogger is a great metering device. A *huge* side benefit is the ability to diagnose CEL codes quickly and fix problems. I pull 19-20 samples per second consistently. I'll vouch for the ease of use and the portability of the Pocketlogger -- can't be beat. Timing / coolant temps / O2s / short and long term fuel trims / speed / rpms / etc etc. Pretty much everything the ECU tracks, you get. Knock logging isn't SUPER critical since you run premium fuel and perfect spark plugs, right ?? :)

I think the Pocketlogger is great - excellently matched with a S-AFC to adjust fuel trims ! Another 2G option that I hear is successful is the DSMlink, but it requires a reporgrammed 1995 EEPROM ECU to communicate to a laptop. So if you have a laptop, you could get DSMLink and save yourself the cost of a Palm. The same is true vice-versa.

Personally, I'm reassessing my goals for the car -- if I decide to get a big enough turbo to use an external wastegate, I'm going to get the AEM ECU upgrade. It can do.... everything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx!!!

Most people seem to like it. And I could wire up a knock LED to monitor knock. Better safe than sorry, right!
/Martin

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have a 97 rs would I have to get a new ecu for the dsmlink? or could they fix mine?
I think it has to be turbo???

The PL is fun until you lose connection(sometimes) and try hitting the buttons in the dark with the redlight about to turn green.
Its great besides that:cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
my sony clie is backlight so i can see it at night, its a nice feature i found out it had... i only get 12 samples per sec max, but average 10-11

·
Registered
412 Posts
The 2G version is slower but that is due to the OBDII design, maybe n the future they will be able to make it faster. I got a 99 GS-T and I get 17-18 samples per sec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts