DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this winter I am going to get the head and the intake Ported, Polished and milled to increase power. The guy who would be doing my Porting said that I may not get enough fuel for the amount of air I am going to be putting through. Does anyone know anything about it and if so is it true? Should I get new injectors and increase the fuel output?

·
Registered
364 Posts
anytime you port something, whether it be the cylinder head ports, O2 housing, or exhaust manifold, to name a few, you are increasing the overall flow through that object. so if you have the head ported and polished. the intake ports are going to be enlarged, which means greater airflow. more air + more fuel = more power. so, yes, i would recommend injectors and a fuel computer of some sort such as the Apexi S-AFC. if you fail to upgrade your fuel system, you run the risk of running a lean air/fuel mixture, which means VERY high combustion temperatures, which in turn can severely damage a motor.

depending on which turbo set up you have and what your goals are, I would recommend 550cc injectors and an Apexi S-AFC. It appears that the consensus is that the 550cc injectors are easier to tune with the S-AFC. while you are attacking your fuel system, i would also change the fuel filter, upgrade your fuel lines, and get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (AFPR). also, if you haven't already, you will need a high output fuel pump such as the Walbro 190lph or Walbro 250lph fuel pump. but this all depends on your set-up and your future goals for your car. can you list your mods and your future goals? hope this helps you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts