DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Ghostery for firefox. I currently have blocked: comscore beacon, ebay stats, exelate, google adsense and google analytics and viglink.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I use ADBlock on firefox. Does the trick.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Something else you can do is block 3rd-party cookies in addition to using AdBlock on Firefox. DSMtalk loads almost instantly for me on either Firefox or IE6.

If you are using IE, try disabling Java Applet Scripting and ActiveX. That greatly improves IE's loading speed, as the crapola never gets a chance to load.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot, you cant ping dsmtalk directly and have the same problem. Postrelease isnt contacted for traffic until the code for that executes. You wont do that with a single ping command.

I also do alot of dsmtalk asshatery from the privacy of computers I have no control over. I cant use firefox or their plugins.

The problem seems to have subsided. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well dsmtalk has a partnership with postrelease so its whatever is in the conditions of that partnership. That would explain why most of the time its not an issue but every now and then there will be issues because of postrelease changing who they're under contract to advertise for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts