DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Post your 6-bolt swap pics and info

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  DSMonster 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to finish up my 6 bolt swap in about 2 weeks and just wanted to see and hear about other setups.

I have a 95 GSX Auto with a 6-bolt, 1G head and 14b turbo soon.

Ill post pics tomorrow of my progress.

Thanks
RevivedDSM

#2 · (Edited)
6 bolt in my 2g...not sure what kind of info you want or you can get out of the pics. Still need to make brackets for the coil pack and the afpr. Everything is 1g stuff (block, head, intake mani) except the sensors (duh) and lifters which are from my 2g head. Did the swap this summer in a friend's garage, GREAT way to learn about the car.

#5 ·
i did a complete 1g rebuild ,no BS shafts, 1g intake manifold, FP 18g, and the one thing i definatly recomend to any one doing a 6 bolt swap, DSMLINK! this program basically "ties up all the loose ends" to make it like your driving a car right off the show room (reliable)
heres the most recent pic its a 1990 long bock.

couple pics during the whole process.....

7 bolt

#9 ·
I think I was just looking at to many valve covers lately.....his is a 1G valve cover, but I would still like to know just for the hell of it if there swappable?

1G valve cover says 16 Valve DOHC 2000
2G valve cover says Mitsubishi DOHC 16 Valve

Don’t know why but I would rather have the valve cover says Mitsubishi other then 2000? If there a swappable part why not?

Thanks
RevivedDSM

#11 ·
Wow Jake nice visuals for the whole process. I think your pics would make a good walk trough for people looking to do the whole 6 bolt long block swap.

What’s that foam you used to clean the block?

And thanks for the info on the valve cover DSMonster I am going to send my 2G one off next week then for powder coating.

RevivedDSM

#14 ·
RevivedDSM said:
I guess I just noticed from yours, but the 2G valve cover fits the 1G head?

If so I am going to get my 2G valve cover powder coated and use that so I doint have any down time getting it done.

Thanks
RevivedDSM
All dsm valve covers fit 6 and 7 bolts. That valve cover came with my 6 bolt so i am assuming its a 1g valve cover. The motor was rebuilt with 2g pistons, bored .20 over and has no balance shafts.

Great pics in this thread...keep them coming!

#16 ·
RevivedDSM said:
I think I was just looking at to many valve covers lately.....his is a 1G valve cover, but I would still like to know just for the hell of it if there swappable?

1G valve cover says 16 Valve DOHC 2000
2G valve cover says Mitsubishi DOHC 16 Valve

Don’t know why but I would rather have the valve cover says Mitsubishi other then 2000? If there a swappable part why not?

Thanks
RevivedDSM

The one that says Mitsubishi .. isnt a 2g valve cover its a JDM one. They usually come from JDM Galant VR4 motors.

Luke :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.